Man gets jail time in veh. homicide
Head-on collision injures two
Shrine invites vets to free dinner
Opioid theft results in probation
Man impregnates 14-year-old, receives probation
- Man gets jail time in veh. homicide - 4:34 pm
- Working to end domestic violence in Fayette Co. - 3:19 pm
- Scenes from ‘Thrill in the Ville’ - 3:16 pm
- Head-on collision injures two - 9:04 pm
- Shrine invites vets to free dinner - 5:50 pm
- Opioid theft results in probation - 5:47 pm
- Man impregnates 14-year-old, receives probation - 4:48 pm
- Best and worst jokes from Trump, Clinton at white-tie affair - 4:05 pm updated: 4:51 pm.
- US internet repeatedly disrupted by cyberattacks on key firm - 4:02 pm
- Restaurant inspections - 3:50 pm
- ERA Martin & Associates joins Chamber of Commerce - 3:21 pm
- FCMH Foundation partners with Fayette County McDonald’s locations - 2:35 pm
- Blue Lion soccer wins Sectional title - 9:08 pm
- Local man convicted of domestic violence - 5:23 pm
- Community treasure revitalized - 5:11 pm
- Half a year after 8 relatives killed, no answers or arrests - 4:55 pm
- Trump mocks critics: I’ll accept election results – if I win - 4:50 pm
- Thompson Orthodontics honored as ‘Business of the Month’ - 4:35 pm
- The Bus Excursions joins Chamber - 4:34 pm
- Getting Ahead: Finishing - 4:15 pm
- The Trumpet Sounds: How should a Christian vote? - 4:11 pm
- Former WCH resident returns to perform at First Baptist Church - 4:10 pm
- Serving the county for 50 years - 4:03 pm
- Accel Temporary Services marks 10th anniversary - 3:55 pm
- Fayette SWCD recycles 5,421 tires - 3:46 pm
- Farmers’ Market ends season this Saturday - 1:53 pm
- Benefit for Danny Lowe raises almost $9,000 - 7:10 pm
- Thrill in the ‘Ville - 6:02 pm
- Groves’ fundraiser Friday - 4:37 pm
- Kasich says idea of ‘rigged’ election ‘silly’ - 3:22 pm
- DKG Society talks library trends - 2:46 pm
- Police Incidents - 2:20 pm
- Police Arrests - 2:03 pm
- Portman visits Washington C.H. - 8:45 pm
- Embarking on a new frontier - 6:58 pm
- Sheriff Reader thinks Pike Co. killers were local - 5:04 pm
- Jeff Library celebrates National Chocolate Day - 4:28 pm
- Carver, Dyke announce engagement - 4:18 pm
- South central Ohio gas prices drop - 3:39 pm
- Washington Hi-Y to hold ‘Trick-or-Can’ - 3:37 pm
- MT Elementary Students of the Month - 3:36 pm
- Cartwright sentenced for illegally dumping thousands of people’s garbage - 5:52 pm updated: 12:25 pm.
- YMCA will be new location for 2016 ‘Boonanza’ - 5:11 pm
- ‘Farm to Fork’ donates to Hospice - 5:05 pm
- Pennington Bakery holds 25th reunion - 4:55 pm
- Locals named ‘Young Ag Pros’ - 5:30 pm
- Lt. Downing visits Carnegie Public Library - 3:16 pm
- Jeff Library celebrates ‘World Smile Day’ - 2:33 pm
- ‘Book Chicks’ gather for 13th anniversary - 1:35 pm
- Modern Woodmen to sponsor Personal Care Closet Drive - 1:33 pm
The Fayette County Health Department completed the following inspections, according to reports:OCT. 13Mark C. Wood DBA Woody’s Vending #2, Newar...
ERA Martin & Associates joins Chamber of Commerce
ERA Martin & Associates held their ribbon cutting to officially welcome them to the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce recently.Located at 1010 Le...
FCMH Foundation partners with Fayette County McDonald’s locations
Fayette County Memorial Hospital Foundation, Inc. (FCMH) is pleased to partner with Fayette County McDonald’s locations to offer “McBreak ...
Blue Lion soccer wins Sectional title
The Washington High School boys soccer team won a Sectional championship by defeating Zane Trace Thursday night in Kinnikinnick.Sophomore Blaise Tayes...
Local man convicted of domestic violence
A Washington Court House man with two prior domestic violence convictions was sentenced to 180 days in the Fayette County Jail Monday.During a sentenc...
Community treasure revitalized
A community treasure will be re-dedicated this Sunday and residents are invited to hear its music played at the Washington C.H. Historic Middle School...
Stunning outcome at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – It ended in a hurry.What once looked like it would be a comfortable victory quickly turned into a stunning 24-21 loss for O...
Lady Lion tennis ends season at Districts
A pair of Washington High School doubles teams concluded the 2016 tennis season earlier this month at the District tournament at Ohio University in At...
Football tickets on sale at MTHS
Pre-sale tickets for the Miami Trace at Washington football game will be on sale at Miami Trace in the high school’s main office Tuesday through...
Unioto wins Sectional over Lady Lions
CHILLICOTHE — The Washington Lady Blue Lion volleyball team had a tough challenge in the Division II Sectional finals Saturday afternoon at Unio...
Cavaliers beat Blue Lions, 42-6
CHILLICOTHE — The Washington Blue Lions visited Ohio’s first capital Friday night for an SCOL game against the Cavaliers.Chillicothe won t...
What’s happening at Carnegie Library?
Contrary to popular belief, librarians do not always get to read the hottest titles as soon as they are available. First, we have to wait our turn in ...
What’s happening at Carnegie Library?
Halloween is just around the corner! The library is full of eerie reads, perfect for these dark evenings: Suspenseful page-turners, super villains, an...
Healthy food ideas for a Halloween party
Are you planning a Halloween party for later this month? Or maybe, you just want to make it a fun time for your family? Make some healthy treats with ...
Great ways to eat more vegetables every day
I know I should be eating more vegetables, but I need inspiration. What are some easy ways to fit more vegetables into my diet?You’ve already co...
What’s happening at Carnegie Library?
Coming up on Saturday, Oct. 15 at 12 p.m., Marc DeWerth, president of the Ohio Bigfoot Organization, will share “Bigfoot” field experience...
Refrigerating blood test samples
Is a blood sample – obtained as the result of a DUI investigation – rendered inadmissible if the sample is not kept refrigerated in strict...
Let’s protect our Ohio first responders
Last month we marked the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 Americans, and remembered the bravery of the first re...
Supporting workforce development
Last weekend, I was incredibly honored to join President Jim Reynolds of Wilmington College and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to ...
‘Not being a good neighbor’
Dear Editor:I have never written a letter to the editor before, but I believe establishing a large hog operation that doesn’t have to adhere to ...
Can punitive damages be awarded against the estate of a deceased wrongdoer? That was the question before us – the Ohio Supreme Court – in ...
Serving the county for 50 years
Dedicated on Oct. 23, 1966, the Fayette County Airport, 2770 State Route 38, was recently honored for 50 years of service to the community by the Faye...
Accel Temporary Services marks 10th anniversary
Accel Temporary Services marked its 10-year anniversary in business with a visit from the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Team. Owner Do...
Reisch receives award for service
Rich Reisch (left) of YUSA Corporation recently received an award for 25 years of service. Duane Shipley, vice president, presented Rich with his awar...
Johnson joins ERA Martin and Associates
ERA Martin and Associates recently announced the addition of Traci Johnson to its team of real estate sales professionals serving consumers in the Fay...
Health Kneads recognized for one year in business
The Fayette County Chamber of Commerce Ambassador team recently congratulated Ashley Wightman on reaching the one-year anniversary of her business, He...
‘My Gypsy Soul Boutique’ celebrates grand opening
My Gypsy Soul Boutique, 1014 Leesburg Ave., was welcomed to the community and into the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce with a recent ribbon cutting...