Junk & Junk reaches 100-year milestone


Submitted article



Troy T. Junk, founder of Junk & Junk Attorneys, sits in his office, which originally started in the masonic building, but in 1979 was moved to its current location on North Main Street. For more information on the firm, contact William T. Junk at 740-335-3231.


The Fayette County Chamber of Commerce recently recognized Junk & Junk Attorneys, located at 213 N. Main St. in Washington C.H., on their 100th anniversary.

According to third generation attorney, William T. Junk, the Junk law office in Washington C.H. began in 1915 when Troy T. Junk formed a partnership with John Logan. Logan had practiced in Washington C.H. since 1881 with Marshall J. Williams, who was elected to the Circuit Court in 1884 and then elected to the Supreme Court of Ohio in 1886, where he served as Chief Justice until his death in 1902.

Logan continued as a sole practitioner until 1915 when he was joined by Troy T. Junk. In 1933, Logan died and Troy T. Junk carried on as a sole practitioner until 1946 when he was joined by his son, William M. Junk. The firm was named Junk & Junk Attorneys at that time.

Troy T. Junk died in 1962 and William M. Junk practiced alone until 1979 when his son, William T. Junk, joined the Junk & Junk law office. This is around the same time the office was moved to its North Main Street location.

All three generations attended law school at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. While at the University of Cincinnati, College of Law, Troy T. Junk studied law under Professor William Howard Taft who would later become the only man to serve as both President of the United States and Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.

When asked how special this recognition is to the family, William T. Junk said, “They would be proud to see 100 years, especially dad, he would always think that was an important milestone.”

Chamber president Whitney Gentry added, “This is truly a special milestone for the law firm and the community. It’s great to have such history of a local business, and they are part of just a handful of businesses that have reached the 100-year mark. We appreciate their contributions to Fayette County and wish them many more years of success.”

Troy T. Junk, founder of Junk & Junk Attorneys, sits in his office, which originally started in the masonic building, but in 1979 was moved to its current location on North Main Street. For more information on the firm, contact William T. Junk at 740-335-3231.
http://recordherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/web1_Junk100Years.jpgTroy T. Junk, founder of Junk & Junk Attorneys, sits in his office, which originally started in the masonic building, but in 1979 was moved to its current location on North Main Street. For more information on the firm, contact William T. Junk at 740-335-3231.

Submitted article

comments powered by Disqus